The Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council has an open position for an Arts Education Coordinator. This part time position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing our well established arts education programming including the Artists in Schools program that serves thousands of students in the Shoreline School District. The Arts Council is a long-standing community arts organization with an inclusive and flexible workplace.
Position Description is below, interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Arts Council Executive Director, Lorie Hoffman, by Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at email@example.com. Email is preferred, but applications may also be sent through the US Postal Service to: Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council, 18560 1st Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
Arts Education Coordinator
FLSA Status: Hourly Part Time, non-exempt. 20 hr/wk
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for managing Arts Education programs, including Artists in Schools (AIS) residency program, Summer & One-day Camps, Adult Workshop and hands-on art at the Shoreline Arts Festival.
Shoreline Public Schools, Shoreline Public Schools Foundation, City of Shoreline, City of Lake Forest Park, YMCA.
COVID-19 NOTE: The job description below reflects the work-division of a standard year. During the global pandemic however, the Arts Council has remained active in delivering on our mission by being nimble, pro-active, and flexible with programing. This job description outlines the overall goals of the position, although a great level of adaptability will be needed as we navigate the remainder of the pandemic and wait to learn more about the upcoming school year.
Essential Duties – Arts Education:
Artists in Schools (AiS) residency program (40%)
- Work with teaching artists, maintaining and updating an annual list (Artist Roster). Oversee application process for new artists, including reference checks.
- Seek out new teaching artists with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply for the Artist Roster. Ensure the roster reflects the diversity of our community.
- Have a high level of cultural competency to make sure all people’s identities and perspectives are welcomed in Arts Council programing.
- Build relationships with schools, teachers, community, and artists; work to achieve 100% school participation in AiS within the Shoreline School District.
- Create program documents, reports and documentation.
- Manage AiS grant review process, staying within the program budget.
Camps, including Shoreline Jazz Camp, and One-Day Camps (30%)
- Hire and coordinate Camp teachers, staff, and volunteers.
- Work with teaching artists to define content for camps that is culturally competent.
- Partner with Jazz Camp Director to manage all the administrative details for Jazz Camp.
- Work collaboratively with Publicity Manager to promote and advertise camps to be inclusive to diverse audiences.
- Oversee final logistics and registrations for all camps.
- Promote and market scholarship opportunities. Process scholarship applications and confirm all scholarship decisions with Executive Director.
Create & Make Workshop Series (25%)
- Coordinate Call for Teaching Artists, work with staff to select final workshops.
- Schedule, contract and finalize workshop series.
- Work with Publicity Manager to advertise workshops to the public.
- Work with School District to make workshops available as clock hours for District Teachers.
Mini-Grant Program (5%)
- Manage application process
- Solicit new applications
- Work with Publicity Manager to expand public knowledge about the program.
Working with the Development Director, provide support materials for the Gala for the Arts, an event that fiscally supports Arts Education
Maintain arts supplies and office supplies, especially during the Festival/Hands-On Art, & camps
Work on selecting event performers with other staff members.
Work on event management with other staff.
Attend regional arts / arts ed meetings to build community relationships.
Support Shoreline Arts Festival activities with other staff.
Other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reach goals of 30 AIS applications and 20 grants awarded annually.
Reach Jazz Camp registration of 60 and revenue goal of $20,000+ by July 31 of each year.
Create 6 Hands on Arts projects for the Shoreline Arts Festival.
Produce 10+ Create & Make Workshops annually.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities needed:
Experience working with diverse communities.
Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
Effective speaking and giving presentation to large and small audiences.
Excellent ability to relate to people of all ages, and abilities.
Good knowledge of MS Office, Gmail, Web.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge of the Shoreline School District.
Education/Experience required to meet minimum qualifications:
BA, BS or BFA degree in the Arts, Arts related, or Education fields.
Minimum three years’ experience working in the arts, non-profit and/or education fields, some at supervisory level.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Pass WA state criminal background check.
Possess valid driver’s license.
Position reports to: Executive Director.
Number of Direct Reports: None.
Ability to perform sedentary work. Work on standard computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range, and color. Ability to move objects up to 30 lbs.
Flexible working locations and hours, and may include mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
Travel / Driving / Use of employee car as required.
Responsible for fair and equitable treatment of people in the workplace.
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work for this position. It may not contain or be interpreted as a complete list of duties, and responsibilities.
This part time position starts at $18/hr
Sick & Vacation Time