Sign up before 17 July, 2020. Bands from all genres can sign up (if you are signed or unsigned). You must play an original song, and be able to play this live.
The Semi-Final rounds will be live streamed, and (Covid-19 permitting), the final will be part of our Pop-Up Drive-In Series, and also be live streamed. Winners will be decided by the judges, along with audience votes through a live stream.
Wednesday 12 August, 2020 | 7.30pm
Semi-Final Pool #1
Bands in the Semi-Final Pool #1 will be announced soon
Wednesday 19 August, 2020 | 7.30pm
Semi-Final Pool #2
Bands in the Semi-Final Pool #2 will be announced soon
Wednesday 26 August, 2020 | 7.30pm
Live as part of the Pop-Up Drive-In Series @ Town Center at Lake Forest Park (in front of the City Hall) . Also presented through a live stream.
Finalists will be announced after each Semi-Final round.
Robert Lang | Robert Lang Studios
Robert founded Robert Lang Studios, Seattle’s legendary world class recording studio. He is the tech, creative force and visionary of the studio. Robert built it from the ground up using stone, marble and concrete giving it incomparable acoustics, atmosphere and killer drum sounds! The studio is home to thousands of recordings from local, national and international artists such as Dave Matthews, Foo Fighters and Peter Frampton. “If these walls could talk!”
Tina Lang | Robert Lang Studios Academy
Tina runs Robert Lang Studios Academy. “What better place to run a recording academy than Robert Lang Studios itself?” The one year audio engineering certificate program prides itself in offering hands-on training in a real working studio. Tina has been part of the music industry for decades. Besides managing RLS and RLSA, she has worked in marketing, sales, merchandising and promotion for Warner/Elektra/Atlantic Records. Her favorite part of the business is breaking new bands!
Doreen Mitchum | 4Culture
Doreen is an Arts Program Manager who has been with 4Culture since it was the King County Arts Commission. She currently manages the Group Art Projects program, the Touring Arts Roster and the Touring Arts Roster Incentive program. In her spare time she likes to listen and dance to World Music, create Encaustic paintings, and read and write about esoteric subjects.
Nathan Yaccino | The Ballard Baitshop
Nathan Yaccino is a Seattle based record producer, engineer, and multi-instrumentalist. Originally from Chicagoland, he moved to the Pacific Northwest in 2010 where he has been a vital contributor to the Seattle musical community, making records and recordings with artists such as Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Brandi Carlile, Noah Gundersen, Lemolo and many more. He currently works out of his private recording studio "The Ballard Baitshop", a converted sail loft from the 1930's.
1st place: Robert Lang Studios. One day (up to 10 hours) of studio recording time (including engineer) with 2-3 hour studio load in/set-up the night before.
2nd place: Mentoring with Roger Fisher! A one-on-one session in either singing, songwriting, guitar, audio and video production, whatever fits the person or band.
3rd place: Paired with a winner from the Shoreline Short Short Film Festival to create a music video.
All winners will get a guaranteed spot on the Main Stage at the Shoreline Art Festival 2021.
Submission & Guidelines
There are a few things you need to know before signing up:
- Bands must be working in Washington State
- Bands must have proper license to all copyrighted music, video, and images included in the duration of their involvement.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by 24 July, 2020
- Still shots and/or excerpts from selected videos may be used by the Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council for publicity purposes
- All entries are final and may not be withdrawn from the event once submitted
- By submitting an entry to the ShoreLake Battle of the Bands, you attest that all information provided is accurate and complete, that you have the authority to submit said entry for consideration, and that you have read, understand, and agree to all terms of entry.
- There will be an area on the site to showcase the bands who have signed up. Who they are, summary of music, any albums, links to social media etc.
- Post about your envolvement! - use the #shorelakebattleofthebands
Location: The events will be live streamed, with the final also being part of our Pop-Up Drive-In Series.
Age: You must be 13+ to enter (parental permission is needed)
- Submission: 18 May - 17 July
- Semi-Final Pool #1: 12 August
- Semi-Final Pool #2: 19 August
- Finals: 26 August
Our judges will be evaluating the bands on the following criteria:
- Musicians technical ability
- Audience reaction (reaction through the Facebook Live stream)
My question isn’t answered! We try to answer everything we can think of, but if we missed something, please email us with questions or comments: email@example.com