To cultivate creativity and inspire our community through the arts.
The Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council values the arts as basic to the human spirit, as creative connections to a diverse world, and as a measure of civilization. The vision of the Council is that the arts will be a valued and integral part of the Shoreline/Lake Forest Park community thus ensuring a high quality of life for all residents and the community as a whole.
- promote public awareness of the arts in the community;
- coordinate and sponsor of performances, exhibitions, and other arts programs, activities and events which will benefit and compliment the total community development
- advocate for support of the arts and arts programs and organizations in the community
- sponsor, present, promote and support educational programs for the benefit of the community concerning all aspects of the visual and performing arts
- provide financial and other support for arts organizations, artists, arts activities and projects.
In 1989, a group of volunteers seeking to enhance our community formed the Arts Council to support, present, and encourage the arts in Shoreline and Lake Forest Park. This nonprofit, community-based organization enriches the life of every resident by promoting public awareness of the arts, and by making the arts available in all its forms.
In the 30 years we have served the residents of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park we’re proud to have added programming that is adaptive to our community including the Edible Book Festival, 6X6NW, Dia de Muertos Celebration, and the Shoreline Short Short Film Festival.
The Gallery at Town Center in Lake Forest Park has now been selling the work of local artists for over 10 years. Featuring 90+ artists representing virtually every medium from paint, to fiber, to photography, to sculpture. We now see over 8,000 visitors a year at the gallery!
The Arts Council collaborates with other agencies such as the libraries, Shoreline Community College, the Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Senior Center, Kruckeberg Botanic Garden, Shoreline Historical Museum, The Secret Gardens of Lake Forest Park, the Cities of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park, and 4Culture to ensure a wealth of quality arts experiences throughout the year.
The arts help us celebrate in the best of times, and they comfort us in the worst of times.
Let’s keep the arts vibrant together!